Welcome

Listen to 3 Doors Down, "Pages", and maybe you can figure out why I quit. A person bothers to put themselves out there, and no one bothers to care what they have to say, what do you expect.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Singles site

Well, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that singles sites are a waste of time and energy, at least for me.  If it's not the spammers trying to get me to email them rather than talk on a 100% free site, it's the seemly real women that completely ignore me.  And them putting "christian" in their profile don't make them any better.  The spammers don't read, and often I think a 3rd grader has better grammar than they do (and some claim a college education, what a laugh).  Claim blond hair when the pics are clearly brown or black.  Don't respect that I'm looking for someone in my area  And spam there yahoo email at me like it going out of style.
You know, I might consider talking to a woman from California, if they gave an intelligent message acknowledging what I'm looking for, and just wanted to talk and be online friends.  That would be reasonable, and I would kind of know where we stand.  And who knows, maybe she doesn't like where she is at, and I'd give her a reason to move at some point.  The point is, if she respected me and what I'm looking for, be honest with me, and answer any issues I'd have, I wouldn't be opposed to a long distance relationship.  But most of the time, those kind of relationships don't work out for me because there is always something lacking.  A real person to person connection.  Words on a screen are not a good substitute for being able to look someone in the eyes, hold hands and see what is in the heart.  Ok, that sounded a little sappy, but it doesn't make it any less true.  I need to hear and see someone when I'm talking to them about important matters.  I read their body language about as much as I listen to them.  The old 'actions speak louder than words' phrase.  Long distance relationships don't let me do that.  They usually aren't real anyway.  But I can't meet someone near by either.
Anyway, the spam and fake women are really wearing on me.  I'm about ready to throw in the towel and say I quit.  I don't like it, but, the current state of things is really doing a number on my attitude.  I get to feeling dumber the more I deal with stupid people that are trying to take advantage of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment