Welcome

Listen to 3 Doors Down, "Pages", and maybe you can figure out why I quit. A person bothers to put themselves out there, and no one bothers to care what they have to say, what do you expect.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Favorite games

Ah, fond memories.
Probably my first computer game was pacman on a Tandy CoCo, back when programs were loaded off tapes. Then came our first PC and on.
Biomenace was probably my first favorite, then Hocus Pocus ( both 2D scrollers). Oh, can't forget Raptor. The Duke Nukem 2D scrollers were good too.
Then came 3D. Wolfenstein was the first, followed by Doom. I played a lot of Rise of the Triad too, even made a map. Quake and Quake 2 really got 3D shooters going. Played a lot of Quake2: UrbanTerror mod until everyone got some form of broadband, then I couldn't keep up. Seemed like I was the only one on dialup. I tried to get back into it later, but cheaters and people that played 12 hours a day pretty much drove me out.
Played a lot of Unreal Tournament, even got to play a couple of lan games. UT series against the computer were pretty much my gaming experience for a while. Trying to play UT online was a lost cause, my FPS skills (or lack there of) kept me out of that.
Then I found MMO's/RPG's. My first was Dofus (do-fu), turn based game, much more my speed. Had some good times there. A few guilds later, and it seemed like I became the out-sider even though I was in an active guild. Someone told me about Perfect World International. After playing it for a while, I knew I found my new home. I said my goodbyes in Dofus, and moved.
I still poke my head into Dofus now and again, but it doesn't hold a candle to PWI. It's main thing I play in my spare time, save a couple of games on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment